Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Using the Companion Website

Using the Companion Website

After attending my first INFO- 1151 class, I have a chance to access online learning tools that I had not experienced before. To setup a member account, I typed in the URL “www.scsite.com/dc2010” in my Firefox browser address bar. I can see a little difference screen display from my course information book. Anyhow, I followed the step-by-step instructions. Finally, I was introduced to these learning tools in this exercise: Computer Genius, Crossword Puzzle, Practice Test, Quiz Yourself, Wheel of Terms, Key Terms, Chapter Review, Checkpoint True/False, Checkpoint Multiple Choice, and Checkpoint Matching. I realized that these are amazing learning tools.

Computer Genius is the tool I liked best. By spending time with it, I gained a lot of benefits from it. The instructions are clear and easy to understand. It is an exciting moment to hit the right or correct answer within sixty seconds. It is not only just a learning tool but also an entertaining game. I hope that it can lead me to become a real computer genius. Beside computer genius, “You’re hired” is the tool I liked least because it gave me such a boring time as well as hard time. Although the first two or three questions are easy to answer, the other remaining questions are pretty hard to guess the right answer.

The term or concept about application software is much familiar to me. But the “Convergence” is new to me. It is pretty hard to understand about this term with my knowledge coverage. “Convergence” term used to refer to the trend of manufacturers offering computers and devices with technologies that overlap. To know more, I tried to read about this term on page 18 again and again. I realized that this concept is least familiar to me.

By Nicholas Pau